I am a small stable livery yard owner. In October last year

I am a small stable livery yard owner. In October last year a client moved from here paying rent due on a cheque using her late fathers account , the cheque was returned unpaid as was one to our hay supplier. This has been dealt with through the bank as far as possible, however at the same time the former client also took with her a set of horse clippers which she had borrowed.At the time of loaning them she was informed that they were in need of repair and undertook to do this.The repair bill was excesive and we did offer to work something out with her. She left without being charged the normal week in lieu of notice and with other concessions.despite numerous letters and phone calls, promises to pay and return clippers she has not done so. Police inform us this is a civil matter and we would have to consider if the cost involved would warrant such there anything we can do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Thank you Alex...maybe one last attempt is worth a try and as I will not need legal representation as per your comments we'll give it a go...thanks for keeping it simple!

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for feedback,I really can't financialy take on any more right now,have sent letter as per your advise, postman unable to deliver,left card for addressee to contact,have requested letter be resent.If it is not accepted i guess there is not much i can do about it