75100385

Have a parking fine of 100 pounds. I bought a ticket but because

Have a parking fine of 100 pounds. I bought a ticket but because the machine did not register my reg no. Which I did not realise at the time they sent me a fine of 60 pounds which I wrote back in disagreement.They said I could go to popla. Popla say that though I did pay for the parking I have to now pay 100 because my ticket was invalid because I failed to enter a correct reg no. I am sure I did enter correct no as I checked the number against my car which was parked nearby and I had only bought it a few weeks ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you
Alex Watts : Was this a council fine ?
Customer: No ,by excel parking co
Alex Watts :

Ignore it. They can not be enforced.

Alex Watts :

It is a contractual dispute and they are issuing a penalty.

Alex Watts :

There is no contract, you have not agreed to their terms and even if the contract was breached they have suffered a £5 or so loss at most.

Alex Watts :

The tickets cant be enforced by law.

Alex Watts :

If they pursued you it would be a County Court claim.

Alex Watts :

They need to prove contract and a loss.

Alex Watts :

They can not

Alex Watts :

Therefore you need not payt

Alex Watts :

Customer: They ay if I do not pay in 14 daysthey will put charges on and send debt collectors round
Alex Watts :

They can try but again its not enforceable by law.

Alex Watts :

If it was a Council ticket, that would be different. But this is like your neighbour trying to fine you for parking!

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer: So if I do not pay them can they still take me to court and could I end up with a cc just something I have never had ?
Alex Watts :

No. If they take you to court and you lose, if you pay within 30 days the CCJ is cancelled.

Alex Watts :

But they cant charge legal fees as it is a small claim

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Now you have completely confused me. You are now saying that they can take me to court and I could lose and have to pay a fee within 30 days or end up with a ccj for apparently not entering my car number plate correctly which is not what I did . They issued me with a ticket for which I paid for. I have that as proof. They are liars and thieves. I not only had to pay a parking fee but now they are trying to rob me of 100 pounds and have created a lot of trouble and agro in my life for no reason whatsoever. Their machine was probably not updated with my number plate and so the machine issued a ticket with the letter I instead of my number plate. I have commited no offence . I did not check that the ticket had my number plate on it - that is my only mistake

Alex Watts : Ok. These type of penalties can't be enforced
Alex Watts : I am saying even if they did take you to court and on the off chance they won, you woulsnt get a ccj anyway
Alex Watts : does that clarify?
Customer: Thank for you help , u have helped me. God bless you in your work. You have helped .me greatly, heave a
Customer: Lovely weekend.
Alex Watts : Great if I could ask you to rate my answer before you go, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply
Alex Watts : .
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience