75100385

The New Zealand pub crawl festival passed near my home today.

Customer Question

The New Zealand pub crawl festival passed near my home today. I heard a commotion and looked out. I saw a naked backside. Someone was obviously relieving themselves. I was a bit shocked as they were so close and I got an eyeful as I am in the basement and they were only a metre or so away, above, at ground level. I shouted. Their friend laughed. I realised there were 3 young women. I went in, phoned the police and came out and took a photo, videoed them. One waved at me, sticking up her thumbs "cheers". Two girls then swapped places so another could relieve themselves. The third passed tissue paper to her (so thoughtful). I went inside as I couldn't properly hear the police as my phone is not good. They left, leaving filth behind them (I don't want to look - I can't quite see from my patio).
The police would like to trace the girls. I'd like to know what area of law applies to what they did. They were standing on my neighbour's property, private property, for privacy from the busy road.
The police say they are likely to be able to use the photos I have for identification. What is the legal position of the photos, from my point of view? I asked the police and they weren't sure. Two photos shows bare behinds. Is that an issue if I give the photos to the police? Should I redact that out? I suppose it is evidence of what they were doing, but the purpose of giving the photos to the police is for ID only. Do the young women need to be over a certain age, given the angle of the photo? (About which I was given no choice).
The clearest photo (as she was showing me her face, not her backside) was of the young woman handing out tissue, not relieving herself. If I put her photo on some social network to try and identify her and her friends what issues would that raise?
I can't believe I have to ask these questions, but it was so disgusting...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please confirm this happened within the UK?

Customer :

Are you experienced in this area of law?

Customer :

oh, you've gone.

Customer :

Is this a joke?

Customer :

An email would have been great. I don't see how this is live chat. If I am chatting and you are offline.

Alex Watts :

I am on and offline.

Customer :

To finish I have to rate. I can't rate because you haven't answered. You have disappeared. From the "live" chat.

Alex Watts :

When I change screens it may show me as offline

Customer :

Is this an area of law you are experienced in? I would have thought it was criminal law.

Customer :

I ask because I can no longer see the description of your experience.

Customer :

how is this live? Would it be better if we did this later?

Customer :

I can ask if you are experienced in this later

Alex Watts :

I am here and can help

Alex Watts :

Can't you see my replies?

Customer :

I see you saying that you are online.

Alex Watts :

I am

Alex Watts :

Cant you see my replies?

Customer :

Is this your area of expertise ?

Alex Watts :

I work for a local authority which includes civil and criminal work

Customer :

Great.

Customer :

That's taken 10 minutes.

Alex Watts :

I can opt out if you would prefer to speak with someone else?

Customer :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

Ok good luck. Good bye

Customer :

I have to go. I didn't need an immediate answer. I preferred the service when it was by email rather than live chat.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is this easier to talk like this for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Alex has different expertise - in "extensive experience of Landlord and Tenant and Social Welfare Law". If I was seeking a lawyer in person instead of online about this point I wouldn't go to an expert in that area.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am a criminal practitioner.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for reading my question and for your reply, Jo

I would like to know about the questions that I raised originally. "What I'd like to know...."... What is the legal position...? "Is that an issue if...?" "Should I.....?" "What issues...?"

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What I need to know Is what is your specific question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, Jo. Before I do what I do now, I did law. It was a while ago now, and I didn't specialise in criminal law. I do know that what I have asked is specific enough for you to identify a legal question. Do you need me to re-state the same questions?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I see you opted out Remus2004.
Please note in my day job I also do criminal law and would be pleased to help you.