13262538

You answered a previous question ... "To clarify

You answered a previous question for me ...
"To clarify your answer Clare, the letters of administration were granted, the property sold and inheritance tax paid. Probate was granted to a cousin on 22nd Oct 2013. The "will" was not produced until early July 2014. I a...
You asked this Law question on 01/02/2015"
We have since had a handwriting expert examine the will and it came back that the will was NOT written by the deceased. This will appeared weeks before the estate was about to be distributed under the rules of intestacy. Now the will has been discredited, does the estated go back to being uncontested, and who pays for the solicitors bills that have been run up since - the estate (and hence the beneficiaries) or the person who introduced the will in order to make the estate contested?
Good Heavens!
For clarity - the signature has been confirmed as not that of the deceased?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, by a fully certified handwriting expert. They say if would be unsafe to say "who" wrote and signed the will, but it was not our relative!

Well that is good news - and matters revert back to the Intestacy Rules - but I am afraid that the costs will be deducted from the estate
Please ask if you need further details