Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My grandson is working as apprentice a Car Mechanic and will

Customer Question

My grandson is working as apprentice a Car Mechanic and will soon finish his apprentice term in June 2015. I have just been told that the owner of the Garage is forcing my grandson to work long hours at the weekend without pay, and of course he is very tired. after weeks work. This has been going on for the last 4 weeks, it is obvious he is trying to get my grandson to leave who is 20 years old. he told my grandson to take him to court over this issue, even if it cost him £2000.The owner has only taken the Garage in the past 2 years.
This cannot be right!! He need help!!
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long has your grandson been an apprentice at the garage for? Did he arrange the apprenticeship through a college or another method? What reason has the employer given for requiring him to work weekends at the moment?

JACUSTOMER-nomvkzwh- :

Jenny

JACUSTOMER-nomvkzwh- :

I believe it is 4 years, I will have more information regarding his apprenticeship tomorrow when l speak to him tonight including why he must work over the weekend without pay? Monday is his College work.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi you should now see the information you need to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.