13262538

My son and his partner and 2 children have been living in a

My son and his partner and 2 children have been living in a shared ownership property owned by me. She now wants him to leave and says she is going to look for somewhere else. The Tenancy Agreement is in her name.
My son is in the process of buying the property with funds he released by selling a house he bought many years before they got together.
He has also recently given her £40k to refurbish the house, which has been done.
If he continues to buy the property while she is still living there, will she be entitled to claim a share in it?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Since they are not married she would have no financial interest in the property - but if your son is the owner she can ask the court for the right to remain in the property until the youngest child is 18.
On that basis it could be a good idea to delay the process until she is well settled elsewhere
Please ask if you need further details