75100385

I have a claim with Vietnam Airlines under the Denied Boarding

I have a claim with Vietnam Airlines under the Denied Boarding Regulations. Our package tour operator, although helpful, tell us that we should be dealing directly with the airline as this legislation falls outside the remit of the Package Tour Regulations. Is this correct?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you book a package holiday or flights and hotel separate please?

Alex Watts :

Did you have travel insurance?

Customer:

The tour was a package including flights and hotels.

Customer:

We have travel insurance

Alex Watts :

Ok - did you try claiming on the travel insurance?

Alex Watts :

On what basis do the tour operator say it falls out of the regulations?

Customer:

We did not claim on travel insurance. The tour operator - Great rail Journeys (GRJ) - wrote to all those on the tour saying " We would advise that any other claim would normally fall to us as Tour Operator to take forward with the supplier, uniquely under the terms of the Denied Boarding Regulations, the claim and subsequent payment are between those directly affected, i.e. yourselves and the airline concerned."

Alex Watts :

Well sadly your contract is not with the Airline, it is with the tour operator. Therefore any claim should be against them. I assume you know the specific sum you want to claim? if so the process it outlined below.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request the compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :