75100385

I have a business that installs signs and graphics to buildings

Customer Question

I have a business that installs signs and graphics to buildings etc countrywide. The majority are classed as temporary as only have a short lifetime. My concern is that we fit to third party materials etc and if any signs fall or get blown off and hurt someone I need water tight terms and conditions to avoid blame. Is this possible?
many thanks. Paul Foote
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you have insurance at all?

JACUSTOMER-vptlt40e- :

Yes we have 5 million public liability insurance

Alex Watts :

Thanks. I really do not think you need to worry.

Alex Watts :

Sadly in law you can never exclude negligence.

Alex Watts :

If you were ever sued then your insurance would cover the proceedings.

Alex Watts :

In any event if the materials were defective if there was a claim issued your insurance company could counter sue and bring in to proceedings your supplier.

Alex Watts :

Therefore unless your workers directly were negligence you should not be found liable

Alex Watts :

But your insurance will deal with proceedings etc

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-vptlt40e- :

Should I not have a disclaimer to say, or is it legal to say?, all materials once purchased and installed are the responsibility of the third party and should be monitored regularily for safety as we did not supply the surface that the signs are attached to and cannot guarantee the quality of this surface.

Alex Watts : Sadly you can never exclude loss of personal injury through negligence
JACUSTOMER-vptlt40e- :

Ok. thank you for your time. Paul

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything eise for you Paul ?
JACUSTOMER-vptlt40e- :

No that was fine thank you. Looks as though we are ok except for negligence with the fitting.

Alex Watts : Indeed
Alex Watts : If this answers your question can I ask you to rate my service before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : if you need more help please click reply
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/