31090051

How do I find a solicitor in Aberdeen who can act on my

How do I find a solicitor in Aberdeen who can act on my behalf under English law?

For the past couple of years I have been purchasing coloured diamonds from a broker in London. All seemed well above board until I tried to sell the diamonds in question and was astonished at the vaulations given with some being 1/10th of original purchase price. Any assistance you can give me on this matter would be very much appreciated.

John C

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If you go to the English Law Society website at www.lawsociety.org.uk and use the Find a Solicitor link, and put in Aberdeen as the place, you can use it to find all English qualified lawyers in Aberdeen. Quite a number of firms in Aberdeen have English lawyers amongst their number.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On what bsis could I take this forward to ultimately recieve recompense for the over valued goods?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Was there anything wrong with the goods or is it just the fact that you say you were charged too much by the seller?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Until I can get the stones fully examined I dont really know what condition they are in but it seems that they were just not worth the large amount of money paid for them

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In the absence of misrepresentation as to what you were buying, the value of the diamonds when you bought them as against their value isn't relevant.
If you bought a half carat yellow diamond then as long as it was a half carat yellow diamond the price is a matter of agreement and it's not for the seller to sell to you at a fair price, unless the contract says otherwise of course.
Only if you didn't get what you contracted for can you query the transaction. However if you decided to buy the diamonds at a particular price you are at liberty to do so in a free market economy. You are deemed by the law to know what you are doing.