12826847

I sold a property to a friend a year ago thousand. He

I sold a property to a friend a year ago for 70 thousand. He has made slight improvements (kitchen and bathroom) and selling it for 40 thousand pounds more. Is this legal?
Is there any reason you think it may not be?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We were selling my late mothers bungalow cheaply to a friend thinking it was for his daughter. It appears this wasn't the case, and he has done slight improvements and is selling it on the open market for an extra 40 thousand pounds. We feel cheated.
Well, I can understand that view. However, this is something he is perfectly free to do. He paid the sum you asked. You maybe could have sold it for more but you did not.
He has made good profit obviously but sometimes renovators do.
I'm really sorry but if you agreed to sell at this price then he has done nothing unlawful I'm afraid. There is no way around it. All he has done is get a good deal. He is free to do that. That was how renovators always made money. That was the whole issue with distressed selling. People sold at a vastly reduced price because they needed the sale and investors sold on. That is all lawful.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that information. We will wait too see if he actually gets the price he is asking. Hopefully not. Thanks again
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been charged twice. 2 transactions gone out of my bank. Please refund me £28' thanks . Janet XXXX

I have no control over billing and transactions.
You will need to email customer services about that on***@******.***