75100385

Alex, We tried to contact the owner of the house behind

Hi Alex,
We tried to contact the owner of the house behind to tell him we had the tree surgeons coming to prune the creeper off the boundary wall , their plant . We got no reply so consulted his tenants who were happy to allow us access to the garden to carry out the works ( we had done the same job about 4 years ago ) the job is at our expense as the creeper had invaded our roof space ( so grew up 4 floors ) , the landlord is now fuming that the pruning is so severe and wants recourse. The tree surgeons pointed out damage and damp caused by the creeper . The garden is in totally neglected state so I think it's just that he was furious not to be consulted .we will need further access to repair the wall but at whose expense ( we are actually willing to pay for the work as it is a main wall of our house ) I just want to have a calm knowledge when he rings me again.
I'd be grateful or yr advice .
Alex Watts :

Hello and thanks for requesting me.

Alex Watts :

Do you know the cost of putting it all right?

Customer: No , only saw the damage today
Customer: Probably several hundred pounds upwards.several bricks need to be replaced and repointing a couple of square metres . I live in SW London so it will be premium prices. To prune this creeper, arrange parking suspension and remove all debris cost us £2,000 with a very reputable company who have carried out these works before ( +_4 years ago) .
Alex Watts :

You need to get several quotes to get the work done - this forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: Thanks for that but my main query is that he is accusing me of trespass ( we had no response to our email to him so got permission to enter and access to do work from the tenant. So I feel no Trespass .
Alex Watts : I agree
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer: Thanks !
Alex Watts :

Great. Can I ask you to rate my service before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply