29905560

, I have written up a cancellation & claim letter which

Hello, I have written up a cancellation & claim letter which I would like to post tomorrow. I just need to see if what I wrote is sufficient. Could you check for me?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please post the letter you refer to on here

Customer:

Hello, Ben Thanks you for your response.

Customer:

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to cancel the following product with immediate effect:

Digital portfolio of 40 images of CD

29/01/2015

[company name]

[company address]Deposit of £250 was paid by debit card

I have paid £50 as booking deposit and £200 as additional deposit towards the goods on 29 February by misleading practice. You did not offer me a cooling off period, I would like to terminate the contract, any terms you wish to hold me to will be unfair and I will not be making future payment.

I am also writing to complain about the customer service I have received from Metro Photography. My complaint relates to poor service and manner carried out by one of your staff. It was not professional, he constantly talked down to and over me, and even demanded an apology by accusing me that I called him a liar and questioned his integrity which I did not do. This has disappointed me and aggravated my concerns towards your business.

In order to address this matter I would like you to make a refund of £250 in full within 14 days of today’s date. If above total is not paid by 23 February 2015, I propose to commence court proceedings against you in the County Court without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Ben Jones :

what is the misleading practice you complain of?

Customer:

There are two parts, one is that first I(we) contacted AppleModels which claims to be a 'platform' who doesn't ask for upfront payment to register with them or whatsoever because they are not an agency

Customer:

but

Customer:

they hook us up with thie Metro Photography who does the test shooting, and start offering a time limited offer for portofolio - decision had to be made on the spot

Customer:

the point of contact at apple models stopped responding to us since the day of test shoot where she was attentive and responsive before that day

Ben Jones :

The letter content and format is very good but when you mention misleading practices I would just provide some brief detail as to what you claim these practices are so that there is no doubt about it. The rest is absolutely fine and what one would expect to see in such a letter

Customer:

oh okay thank you very much. Should I mentioned what I mentioned above - both of them or one of them?

Customer:

there is another thing...

Ben Jones :

both, if they are the reasons you are relying on

Customer:

they say on the contract that no cancellation policy due to it's being a bespoke product

Customer:

and the solicitor who initially I chat with told me it is a generic service

Customer:

should I mention it, I mean is it relevant to the 'misleading' part of it?

Ben Jones :

that's not part of the misleading argument but it is the failure to give a cancellation option

Customer:

Oh I see. Could you read below and let me know what you think?

Customer:

"It was misleading because who I contacted was AppleModels who said they are a 'platform' not an agency, who provides advice and support for aspiring models for free. Then, they hooked us up with another company called Metro Photography who does the test shooting, as part of necessary procedure of their. After the test shoot, during the so-called assessment Metro Photography started offering a time limited offer of portofolio in a small and closed room. The decision had to be made on the spot, for why I do not know. Also, the point of contact at apple models stopped responding to us since the day of test shoot where she was always attentive and responsive before that day."

Customer:

Besides, I learned the company director for AppleModels has the same name as the assesser at the Metro Photography - by my home work (belated home work)

Customer:

I became suspicious because he said and repeated that they are separate companies where I never asked him that

Ben Jones :

"It was misleading because I contacted Apple Models who said they are a 'platform' not an agency, which provides advice and support for aspiring models for free. Then, they put us in touch with another company called Metro Photography who does the test shooting. After the test shoot, during the so-called assessment, Metro Photography started offering a time limited offer of portfolio in a small and closed room. For reasons unknown at the time, we had to make a decision on the spot. Furthermore, since the day of the photo shoot the point of contact at Apple Models stopped returning our correspondence, whereas she was always attentive and responsive before that day."

Ben Jones :

just some small changes

Customer:

Oh fantastic. Thank you very much!!

Ben Jones :

you are welcome