12826847

I think I have committed a family member fraud and feel I can't

Customer Question

I think I have committed a family member fraud and feel I can't go on no more. What can I do?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks for getting in touch.

I've been using my dads credit card to try and support us with Bill's and other things but it's just got out of hand sorry.

Ok.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to be honest about this so what should I do? What sentence will I get?

How much have you spent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About £8000 does it make a difference?

Yes.
Will he report it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No but I feel like I want to

Reporting it yourself would be a disastrous idea. There is no sense in confessing to the police. You can tell him if you want to. But probably he would rather you paid back the sum in question than reported it to the police.
If you are intent then they would probably prosecute you. He will have to make a statement against you obviously but if he does then you would be charged.
This is a high value fraud in domestic circumstances. The court would consider custody. You would probably avoid it but you would be at risk.
Probably they would prefer a community order like unpaid work or curfew. They would make a compensation order in the sums taken.