75100385

The council is refusing to release emails relating to a planning

The council is refusing to release emails relating to a planning issue. They are justifying under "candor" and the "public interest". My view is that transparency trumps candor in the public interest and public officials should expect their correspondance to be publish in all but the most exceptional circumstances, which I believe the exceptions were created for.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How have things been left at present please?

Customer:

I have a written letter back from them.

Customer:

They are not really the communicative types

Alex Watts : Ok. If it has been reviewed the next step is to complain to the Information Commissiomer. They can investigate the matter for you and offer a free, independent service. Their website is www.ico.gov.uk
Alex Watts : The can consider your complaint and overturn the councils decision. As you day it's all about being open and transparent.
Alex Watts : The first port of call should be the ICp
Alex Watts : ICO
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything for you about this today please?