UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen (born in the UK) currently living in

Customer Question

I am a British citizen (born in the UK) currently living in Russia and married to a Russian citizen. I also have French nationality as my father is French. My wife and I have a 2-year-old child, born in Russia, who has Russian and French passports, though I will be applying for a British passport for him shortly. I am self-employed as an English teacher in Russia but with no proof of income (cash) and I own an online store based in the UK which generates very little income. My wife has substantial income in Russia, partly from self-employment, partly company dividends. We want to start spending most of our time in our house in the UK (so our son can start school there) as of summer 2016. My wife currently has a general visitor visa till summer 2016. Can you advise on the best type of visa to apply for, both in the short term (as of next summer) and in the longer term?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

For short term visits up to 6 months at a time, a visitor visa is the most appropriate (a new application may be made for a new multiple entry visitor visa) and for long term residency (i.e. longer than 6 months), a spouse visa is required.

May I help further?