12826847

Ive been really silly & sent a text via an anonymous website

Ive been really silly & sent a text via an anonymous website via my phone to the wife of a man I had an affair with warning her that he was going to leave her. The affair was last year she dosent know who i am & she forgave her husband. It wasnt a particularly nasty text just a warning.I made it up. I immediately apologised & said it wasnt meant for her as i came to my senses straight away. I havent contacted her since, & I won't be! I'm a middle aged woman with a totally clean record, I bitterly regret it. I have had a text from her via the website to say the police will be in contact with me. Is this likely & what will they do?
Thankyou from an idiot
Unfortunately it is possible that she could have reported this. It depends what the text said. If it is just a warning and no more then that is not really a malicious communication.
If it is a one off incident then it is not harassment although it is possible that they could give you a harassment warning to stop contacting her.
Unless you are easily traceable though they will not bother. If they can find you easily then they may do so. If it is complicated and time consuming then they are not going to spend hours on low level crime like this where it is arguable that an offence applies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was just a warning ....something loke wake up he's going to leave you find your self respect. What a fool I am.

How would the police contact me? My husband knows nothing of this. I.m frightened I could go to prison?!

If that is all it is then I am not sure they would bother. I suppose they might phone and tell you to stop. They don't need to find an offence that covers that.
Otherwise it is just plain not an offence unless this is the latest of several.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou so much for your help thats all it was a 1 off incident. If you could just tell me if they do find me will they tell her who I am.

thankyou

No, they won't pass it on. They won't want recriminations.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou very much. I've been in bed ill all day.

Thankyou!