75100385

There I am a builder and have a family run business. I am

Customer Question

Hi There I am a builder and have a family run business. I am on a website and a company called no rouge traders here which is sponsored by your self. I had a phone call today from the owner saying he was having to remove me due to something silly I did in the past. Nothing building or trading in building trade related. This is my livelihood now and am gutted and feel sick about what's happening. I just wanted to forget whole thing now for it to be brought back up and it has put my marriage in a bad way in. If this the case I would now have to be removed from the site. I am a very good builder and have 3 very satisfied customers from doing my first job in October for no rouge traders. I am just gutted about this. I hope you can help me.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what is it you would like to achieve?

JACUSTOMER-5cwd3dsr- : It's i just won't to know could trading standards have us removed from a building website if it wasn't related to a building offence.
Alex Watts :

No.

Alex Watts :

Only if it was saying something that was not true, or it related to the builder could they ask you to take it down

Alex Watts :

Even if you refused there would be nothing they could do

Alex Watts :

It would be for the builder to seek a Court order to get you to take it down

Alex Watts :

So no Trading Standards cant get it removed

Alex Watts :

If you want it taken down then you need a Court order

Alex Watts :

You would need to complete forms N1

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And N16a

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court would then list the matter and see whether or not to make an order removing it

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-5cwd3dsr- : Hi there. I don't want the website taken down. I want to stay on the company's website but he has rang me today saying trading standards have contacted him as said I would need to be removed from website that he owns. It's no rouge traders here based in midlands. I am not a rouge trader so don't see why or how trading standards can get involved in removing me.
Alex Watts :

Trading Standards has no power over this

Alex Watts :

It is nothing to do with them

Alex Watts :

Therefore they can refuse

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

JACUSTOMER-5cwd3dsr- : I thought that. If it's not a trading offence then I have done nothing wrong. It was something silly I did in the past so thanks for your help. Could I maybe contact you again tomorrow after speaking to the company owner and tell him I have spoken to a solicitor and tell him what you have said and see what he says. Thanks for your help.
Alex Watts :

Happy to help. If this does answer your question can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/