UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My boss is Australian and has been got an ancestry visa, his

Customer Question

My boss is Australian and has been got an ancestry visa, his wife is Japanese and children are Australian. They have arrived in the UK and I believe it is appropriate for them to apply under FLR(O)Version 11/2014 "Application for leave to remain in the UK in a category not covered by other forms and a biometric immigration document" to extend their stay. Can you confirm that this is correct?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

What application are they intending to make? How long have they been here in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They have arrived two days ago and from our understanding they could apply to stay in the UK as a dependant of an ancestry visa holder. They have not entered with a visa as they are Australian and Japanese.

I am afraid his wife and children will need to return back to Australia and apply for dependant visas from there. They are not permitted to switch into dependant visas from within the UK and they are very lucky to have been allowed in the country without visas as the visa waiver scheme is only for them if they are visiting the UK for a short period.

If they had declared that they intend to reside in the UK long term, they would have been sent back by UK immigration for arriving here without visas.

May I help further?