Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

my husband was knocked off his bike in oct of 2014, got a hip

my husband was knocked off his bike in oct of 2014, got a hip replacement and a claim went throught,with Aviva insurance, it was all finalised, he was to see the doctor the last time in july, but sadly in had a heart attack in june, does the claim die with my husband.
thank you.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** i am happy to help you today. No the claim does not die with your husband. You are able to continue the claim. Aviva should assist you with continuing the claim.

taratill :

I am sorry for your loss.

taratill :

if You have any further questions please do ask. if I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer:

hi jenny, even if his claim was for his own pain and suffering and further operations, and the claim was for him and only him i was told that ..how true is this,plus one more thing how long is a claim opened as my husband passed away 6 months,

Customer:

his own solicitor told me that i did not have a case should i get my own solicitor, kind regards jennifer.

taratill :

Hi I am surprised his solicitor has said that. The damages for pain and suffering have a value to your late husband's estate and can be claimed.

taratill :

If you want to take this on it is worth instructing a solicitor.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.