75100385

We have an allotment which we have surrounded with a fence.

Customer Question

We have an allotment which we have surrounded with a fence. The estate that we rent the allotment off has decided that they want to take down the fence that we have erected and replace it with one that we do not want. This involves removing the fence that we have paid for and erected without our consent - I suspect that our rights are limited by would like a second opinion
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you have any form of agreement in force? If so what does it say about carrying out works etc please?

JACUSTOMER-8hlf1tt5- :

There is a basic rental agreement - essentially it says that we can use the plot (which is one of many) for growing vegetables etc, not for a business and not to dump rubbish in the hedges - there is not comment on fencing or the rights of the estate over that - thanks

JACUSTOMER-8hlf1tt5- :

The real question here is if they are removing something that we have installed should they not at least give us reasonable notice and a right to discuss

Alex Watts :

Did you seek permission before you installed it?

JACUSTOMER-8hlf1tt5- :

No however it is standard practice on all the allotments

JACUSTOMER-8hlf1tt5- :

Alex Watts :

Does the agreement say you need any permission to install or erect anything?

JACUSTOMER-8hlf1tt5- :

No nothing like that

Alex Watts :

How long is the agreement? Can you upload it?

JACUSTOMER-8hlf1tt5- :

I'll get a copy for tomorrow and send it across but I believe that there is no time limit just a need to give notice - thanks

Alex Watts : Ok