UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

just re sendinggquestions as advised by you. 1. Is

Customer Question

For  UKSolicitorJA only re sending as advised by you. 1. Is there any possibility my Fiancée could be deported . 2. Could there be implications for further visits to the UK 3. Could we be faced with any criminal proceedings 4. Is the registrar who initially interviewed us the person who would notify Immigration 5. If the Marriage went ahead successfully would we be safe then without the possibility of it being annulled if the problems around the visa came to light afterwards

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
1) if the wedding is stopped and she does not leave when her visa expires, yes, there is a possibility that she could be removed back to her home country;
2) if she leaves on the 20th February assuming the marriage did not go ahead, she should be fine, but visa decisions are never guaranteed
3) not unless you were both intentionally entering into a sham marriage to circumvent immigration laws
4) yes
5) no.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much. I feel in light of this reassurance that it's an acceptable risk to go ahead as planned with the wedding ceremony on the 16th.

Am I right in assuming that if the wedding is successful then I will be able to exercise my EU Treaty Rights as discussed before and my Fiancée will be back in the same position to stay on and live with me and apply for the UK residency card. Thus effectively the issue around the Student Visitors Visa would now be dissolved?

Thanks so much for your patience were nearly there now.

With best wishes and warmest regards

Christopher

Yes, that is correct. The key thing is that the wedding is not stopped.
All the best and please let me know what happens on the day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so very much. Yes I will do. You can't imagine how much you've helped us out through all this and your initial information enabled us to proceed and your continued information and advice to carry on. I was at my whits end today when I realised the confusion over the visa. The universe is conspiring with us. Feeling hopeful and will sleep easier tonight.

Blessings

Christopher

Cheers Christopher.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning,

I just realised that my question (5) was a little ambiguous:

"If the Marriage went ahead successfully would we be safe then without the possibility of it being annulled if the problems around the visa came to light afterwards"

Just to be clear did your answer of "no" to this question mean the marriage can not be annulled afterwards if the problems around the Student Visitor Visa came to light at a later date thus the marriage is safe? Or did your answer "No" mean the marriage would not be safe.

Sorry to be so particular just making sure I'm absolutely clear.

Thanks again, really almost there now,

With best wishes and warmest regards

Christopher.

Thought it might good to put a face to the names :-)

No,the marriage could not be annulled on visa grounds once it has taken place.

You make a lovely couple. Hope all goes well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Phew! Great!!

Thanks you very much.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to let you know this morning we were Married and everything went very well and according to plan.

Thank you so very very much for all your support, advice and patience this has been invaluable to us and we are truly grateful

We would really like to send you a more personal thank you by way of a card.

In Gratitude

With best wishes and warmest regards,

Blessings,

Christopher.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife's college are insisting that I give them a written statement that she is allowed now to stay in the country as they feel obligated otherwise to inform immigration. Might it be at all possible for you to send me an email to outline the fact that as she is now married to me a Dutch citizen that because of the EU Treaty she is absolutely entitled to stay on with me in the UK. I will be happy to employ your services for this. I am due to meet with them at 5pm today

With best wishes and warmest regards,

Christopher

Hello Chris,
I am pleased to see that all went well and that you are now officially married.
Regrettably, this site does not permit us to make contact externally and we are not permitted to engage in correspondence outside this site.
You may refer the college to this site
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/overview
And they may also call up the Home Office directly to confirm your wife's residence rights in the UK.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much and I completely understand. I have forwarded this on and also met with the Administrator and reassured them. Once again thank you for your continued advise and support.

With best wishes and warmest regards

Christopher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I have another question. As we have been unable to process the Residence Card will my wife still be able to travel to and from the UK with me before she has a Residence Card?

With best wishes and warmest regards,

Christopher