How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have received a summons to appear as a witness against my

Customer Question

I have received a summons to appear as a witness against my husband on Tuesday. I have withdrawn my statement but the Police have told me that if I don't attend I will be issued with an arrest warrant.
I suffer from adjustment depression and feel extremely anxious about attending as it is my wish to reconcile with my husband when he is released.
I am also trying to deal with eviction in which I received court papers today.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you give a statement in the first place please?
What is the charge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the next day. The Police came to my house and made me feel quite bad so I went to Police station later on.

Assault by beating

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Why did you call the police or even give a statement If you did not want to pursue it?
Is this domestic violence related?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I didn't call the Police.

I was angry and being spiteful at the time.

When the Police came to my door I had blood on my face from an injury my husband had - they have classed this as assault by beating. I don't get it.

In my statement I told the Police he had apparently dragged me but this isn't true.

I was very depressed and angry. I did not speak to the Police that night. They came to my house ( different police officers) the following morning.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. You have given a withdrawal statement saying you don't suppose the prosecution. On Tuesday you need to stay away from your house and the area. Go out for a day trip. If there has been a witness summons and you do not attend then the police can ask the court for a witness warrant.
They can be granted but are rare, so but can only be executed that day. Therefore just in case it is granted, do not stay at home. Make sure you are out of the area. That is why you should go for a day out.
If the court on the off chance does grant it and you can't be found then that is good for you and your husband.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if I go out for the day I can return the next day and not worry. This is stressing the life out of me

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You can return later that evening.
That will be fine.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Happy to help.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.