12826847

, I am having trouble with family. My father died 15

Customer Question

Hello, I am having trouble with family. My father died 15 months ago and was in partnership with his brother. When my father dies there was no will, my mum has got probate, however my uncle has now moved into the farm house and will not let us on the property, he won't give my mum half of the farm or land, but continues to live there and sell the calves, but my mum is in no-mans land, she cannot seem to get anywhere with him, he just laughs in her face. We don't know what we can do and the situation is tearing my mum apart? Please do you have any advice? Louise

Who actually owns the Farm itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was jointly owned by my dad and his brother.

How much is it worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has been valued at £800,0000. that is everything, all the land, livestock etc.

Louise

is there a formal Partnership Agreement?
What steps has your mother taken so far to enforce a sale?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Her solicitor has written to him about selling, and he never gets back to him with any answers. My Uncle will not sit down and speak to my mum about any ideas that either party my have. We cannot afford to take him to court, but we are running out of options I feel. He is using all the farm machinery and sheds and things and we are not allowed to use anything without paying him a rent.

Louise

Was there a formal Partnership agreement between your late father and his brother?