12826847

I have taken something from a shop that I didn't pay for. Police

I have taken something from a shop that I didn't pay for. Police was called, my fingerprint were taken and I had to pay £80 fine but I didn't have to go to the court. That was 4 years ago. Do I have a criminal record?
No, this was a fixed penalty offer.
The fact of the arrest will show on your PNC and will be revealed on enhanced level checking.
But you do not have a conviction and it will not show on standard or basic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to find work as school cook. Will this stop me getting this job?
It will be revealed then as you will be enhanced checked unless the police take the view it is not relevant.
Whether it stops you getting the job comes down to your employers. Theft is generally a disadvantage but not an outright ban.