Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

We are a small UK Company (3 partners) who offer advice to

Customer Question

We are a small UK Company (3 partners) who offer advice to Companies wishing to establish a presence in the Gulf State of Qatar. We have an Agreement in English Law with a UK Event Branding Company whom we have helped access the market in Qatar.
The Agreement dates back to 2009 and we have billed and have received payment for services provided up to 31 Dec 2012. We are now having much difficulty receiving dues for 2013 and 2014 as the Branding Company we believe are in breach of the Agreement. As a next step we may need legal advice on how best to proceed in recovering sums due for sales revenue generated by the Branding Company.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do they owe you money for work you have done for them?

JACUSTOMER-rh5hczuo- :

Hi Jenny

JACUSTOMER-rh5hczuo- :

Yes, we are owed for services provided and sales generated in the years 2013 and 2014.

JACUSTOMER-rh5hczuo- :

Dennis

Customer:

What reason have they given, if any, for failure to pay your invoices?

JACUSTOMER-rh5hczuo- :

We have yet to invoice for 2012 and 2013 as we have not received sales info data from the Branding Company for that period. The Sales Director in Qatar merely states that no Agreement in place. The Branding Company are we believe in breach of the Agreement we have. This has not been cancelled or altered in any way by the Branding Company. I now aim to elevate the matter to the UK Head Office and Company Chairman.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi You are right that you need to contact the Branding Company to say that you believe that they are in breach of their agreement with you and that you will take action against them if they do not send the sales info data in order that you can invoice them.
So long as there is an agreement in place you will ultimately be able to bring action in the County Court to recover your losses.
You may need to engage a solicitor to assist you if it becomes complex.
If you have any furhter questions please ask.