12826847

i have just spent the last 9 months in prison too

Customer Question

i have just spent the last 9 months in prison for neglet too children/i feel very strongly i was badly advised bye my barrister/from the first we met i said i was not guilty he agreed/then on the first day of the trial he said i can bet my morgage your giong to get sentanced 5 years in prison/ i started to cry and shacking with what he told me/then he said he coud do a deal with prosecoution/having never bieng in that situation before i said whats does that mean?He then said you go into court and plead guilty then the judge will then set another date too been sentanced /so i thought having paid him £5.000 he knows best/so on advice i pleadered guilty,then court broke up a new date was set and he asked me to get 5 character refancas so i got them/i never saw or heard from that day until the day of sentance/he read them and said no way will you get sent down/so we went into court and got a sentance of 18 months of which 9 months was in jail/after bieng sentanced i spoke to him he said inever expectered that so i said its wrecked my life now and came away/and never heard from agian/if you can give any advice i woud be very greatful MANY THANKS NEIL
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks jo /what coud you do about the situaction please?

I'm not sure what you were hoping to do about this?
He agreed a deal for you with the prosecutor and you accepted it. It was obviously a better deal than the risk of five years custody. I realise you probably didn't want to go to prison at all but nine months is a lot better than five years.
If it is just that you agreed to accept a deal and you regret doing that now and would have preferred a trial then I'm afraid that is not an appeal point.
You don't seem to be describing any professional negligence on the part of the barrister and anyway you would be out of time to complain about that now.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there not a lot you can do i feel iwas badly advised/i agree i was given the option to not guilty/but i felt i was badly advised bye him having paid£4.000 /i thought he was there to help me and he certianly did not i feel hes got his money and run

If you followed his advice then there is no realistic appeal.
You are not describing any professional negligence in the advice. He was saying that if you contested it you would be convicted which might have been right.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looks like theres not alot i can doo/is it possibile to give him or give him bad right up?His name is***** i think he practices from LEEDS

You are out of time to use the complaints procedure to the bar standards board.
I suppose you could complain to Chambers.
I wouldn't put anything defamatory on the internet. I am sorry and I understand that you feel aggrieved but you are not describing any proper basis for a complaint.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou for advice you provide a excellent service

No problem.
All the best.