Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

A friend of mine is off work on sick leave due to stress.

Customer Question

A friend of mine is off work on sick leave due to stress. This is because a fellow worker tried to throttle him in the toilets. He has started legal proceedings against this colleague. There had been issues before from this guy so the employer put up CCTV cameras but these weren't in the toilets of course. He has a meeting with the employer today (I imagine to discuss progress etc)but they have insisted he goes on his own. He is not very articulate and prone to be bullied and I am concerned that he may not fully understand what is being said or even that he may be forced into a position against his will. Can they insist that he is unaccompanied, I think he needs an advocate?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How dreadful for your friend.

Customer:

How long has he worked for his employer and what is the nature of the meeting that he is being asked to attend?