12826847

, i,am moving into a private rent house and i would like

Customer Question

Hi, i,am moving into a private rent house and i would like to know what benefits i will be entitled to. I currently receive ESA main phase in the support group. Weekly it is £123.70.I also receive DLA care component middle rate mobility at lower rate. Iam undecided at present as to take a lodger, who will pay me £200 which will include her meals. I wil look at both outcomes as to the best financial status for myself. Many thanks. Lynn As mentioned if i take a lodger it will be £200 per calender month.

You would potentially be eligible for housing benefit at least to a certain level. It depends what type of property you have and whether the DWP say it exceeds your needs.
If you take a lodger then that is fine but it would need to be declared and the income would probably have an impact upon your ESA.
The DLA is not currently means tested so that is protected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, yes i understand i will get help with housing benefit and help with my council. What i was wanting to know is how much i will be eligibe to claim, with and without a lodger. The house is a two bed semi and my rent will be £450 per calender month.

many thanks

Lynn

That would depend on your circumstances and the local bracket. It rises and falls in the area.
There would certainly be a reduction for the payment of the lodger.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what information donyou need to enble you answering my question ?

Many thanks lyn

I am not sure what you mean? I don't need any other information.