75100385

I have been accused of not stopping crossing patrol person,

I have been accused of not stopping for a crossing patrol person, i had a letter and enquired what it was about from the police and the response was failing to stop for a crossing patrol man, i then had a home visit from a policeman claiming he was the witness and i went to the station and filled out a statement dorm with him, i have no recollecting of ghis taking place is all i could enter. I felt that as it was a policeman who witnessed this i must have done it, the crossing ptrol witness can ot recall my reg plate and suggested 2 people with longer hair than men driving, if it was myself i would have had my grey short haired mother with me who is fairly large in frame. I felt obliged as the policeman said it was my car to say it may have been but i do not recall the incident, the case goes to court on the 11th march and i have to enter a plee and dont really know what to do, do i pleed guilty even thou i dont recall the incident or not guilty as i felt pressured by the police officer who on the homevisit gave me a lecture on making a false statement as he was sure i was nit the driver and wa covering for someone else. I am a 51 year old woman with a clean licence and never commited any offence since getting a licence over 20years ago
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If you do not remember or did not do it then you plead not guilty.

Alex Watts :

You can only plead guilty if you committed the offence.

Alex Watts :

What will happen is the matter will be set down for trial.

Alex Watts :

The Court will have to be satisfied beyond doubt that you committed the offence.

Alex Watts :

But if what you are saying is right then the person giving the statement should not have also taken you to the station.

Alex Watts :

It should have been someone else.

Alex Watts :

Therefore if someone witnesses an incident they should report it to the Police themselves

Alex Watts :

They should not take any part in the investigation or contact you

Alex Watts :

Customer: That is what i thought when he came to the door and told me he was the witness i felt intimidated by his wording
Alex Watts :

Indeed. He should have no part to play in this.

Alex Watts :

It may be that your Solicitor can get the matter stayed

Customer: Ok that has helped me a great deal
Alex Watts :

One has to be objective and distance oneself f

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: That is all thankyou very much for your help
Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer: Thankyou
Alex Watts :

Thanks and have a good weekend