75100385

can i reclaim from a business property account with RBS

Customer Question

Hi can i reclaim from a business property account with RBS exit fees on properties sold thank you
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

Hi Alex, I had a business account with RBS since 2004, I was a small property developer and purchased properties for refurb/rebuild and then sold them on.

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

On every property I owned I would put around 30-35% down payment then RBS lend the remainder as a purchase and also worked the same on the build refurb loan.

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

I paid arrangement fees with the bank also interest charges on all loans and I happened to notice going through my old accounts was also charged an exit fee on the loans

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

So it is the Exit fee im unsure of as I have been online and noticed that these fees are basically unfair to the customer and it is banks being greedy to extra charges even after you have paid them arrangement fees and an above average interest repayments taken out.

Alex Watts :

When was the fee paid?

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

The exit fee is charged by the bank when the property you have sells and the loan is then paid off.

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

Hi is anybody responding to me ???

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

The fee is paid after every property I sold over the course of 9 years is sold

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

I sold around 6-7 properties

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

the last exit loan fee i was charged was in July 2013 for £6,000

JACUSTOMER-009ej2ib- :

Hi Alex are you still there?

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/