12826847

I have penalty notice 36mph in area 30mph. The photos at

I have penalty notice 36mph in area 30mph.
The photos at 0.5sec shows 5 strips (marks) travel distance. This was a Gatso camera.
The over speed 36mph is correct ? How to proceed next ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think it might not be correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, on web site www.speedcameras.uk for Gatso is given calculation distance between two consecutive strip equate 5miles.

By direct calculation 5strip x 5 mph = 25mph

I don't know if web site give correct (official) info about strip speed ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't take much notice of these sites.
Were you speeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On road A59 New Hall Lane, nr Tudor Avenue, Preston, Gatso fix camera

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Were you speeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please be focused to answer:

- what is equivalent of 5 strip in SPEED mph,

Gatso camera photo taken at 0.5sec

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to tell me whether you were speeding or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Realist: Inaccurate answer. Answer not focused on technical details...

How much speed represent 5 strip, measured on two consecutive photos at 0.,5sec, Gatso camera...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Was little under legal sped .

No reason to rush to the Church on Saturday morning 9:52am...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
How do you know you were not speeding? Did you check your speed as the GATSO flashed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not saw camera flash, this happened during day time.

When I passed the camera odometer shows 30mph !

Evidence for speed is only photo 1 and 2 taken at 0.5 sec. On road I can count 5 strips.

It is this 5 strips to be evidence car was speeding over 30mph ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there is no reason it should not be. There is a great deal of nonsense on the internet on these topics.
All they need to a photograph at point A and a photograph at point B with a record of the times. They don't even need strips at all as long as they have two fixed points on the photograph that can be measured.
GATSOs do take two photographs but they send out only one on a S172 request essentially because they are using S172 to demand the identity of the driver.
If you are sure you were not speeding then refuse any offers that they make and take the matter to court. They may forget to summons. That does happen sometimes.
If they do summons then you can ask them to prove what they allege but the risk is costs if you lose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The two points of measurements are at distance 5 strips taken at 0.5sec..

Does this distance, 5 strips, men the speed is over 30mph ?

With other words - can you do a calculation of SPEED taken in consideration 5 strip on 0.5sec ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
They just need a point A and point B to work out the speed.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How many miles represent one (1) strip ?

I presume the car was only around 30mph+/-1mph,

it is accepted error: 2mph+10%Speed/30mph = 5 miles, equate 35mph

Notice: I have clean driving licence... It is any chance to win on court ...

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
1 That is an issue of expert evidence not law. You would need to call a GATSO expert.
2 That is a bit of a myth to be wholly honest. That is the type of nonsense that these sites put about. Most experts I have cross examined recently don't accept that.
3 The clean licence is a non issue. There is always a chance. Anything could happen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is respect of freedom of information to have access to GATSO information (or council, or any....) to know

HOW MILES REPRESENT ONE STRIP...

I suppose is not necessary a GATSO Expert for a number !

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a legal question I'm afraid.. That is a question for an expert witness of fact.