Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

. MY BROTHER GOT MARRIED IN THE PHILIPPINES IN JANUARY AND

Customer Question

HI.
MY BROTHER GOT MARRIED IN THE PHILIPPINES IN JANUARY AND IS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH REGARDS ***** ***** UK SPOUSE VISA FORM. THEY DOWNLOADED THE FORM AND COMPLETED IT WHILE ON HONEYMOON BUT HE NOW NOTICES ON A WEBSITE THAT YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FORM ONLINE.AS HE IS BACK NOW IN THE UK AND HIS WIFE IS STILL IN MANILA,DOES SHE NOW HAVE TO FILL IN THE FORM ONLINE OVER THERE. ALSO HOW DOES SHE PAY THE FEE - CAN SHE USE HIS MASTERCARD EVEN THOUGH HE HOLDS IT BACK HERE IN THE UK OR HOW DOES SHE PAY.SOME SITES SAY YOU CAN PAY BY BANKERS DRAFT AND CASH OTHERS SAY YOU CANT USE CASH. LASTLY,DOES SHE GO TO THE BRITISH EMBASSY IN MANILA TO DO ALL THIS .SHE HAS BE CONSTANTLY RINGING FOR AN APPOINTMENT AND THE LINE IS CONSTANTLY ENGAGED.THEY ARE PULLING THEIR HAIR OUT AS THEY CANT GET ANY POSITIVE ANSWERS.PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU HELP.MANY MANY THANKS,SANDRA
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sandra thanks for you question. The visa application has to be completed online. The process is clear on the website - see here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
and payment can only be made by card or sometimes by ewallet - it has to be acceptable to Worldpay.
He can no doubt make payment of her using his card - once she has started the application she should be able let him access it over the internet.
The online procedure is pretty straight forward is they have all the material ready - evidence of means etc.
again the website tells them what they need as evidence and what the criteria are. See here:
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
I am happy to try and clarify anything but if they read the requirements and the documents that need to be produced it should be straight forward
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HELLO. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY QUERIES AND I HAVE PASSED THESE ON TO MY BROTHER WHO IS A BIT HAPPIER NOW.KIND REGARDS,SANDRA

Thanks. Please come back to me if I can assist further. you can always ask follow up questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI AGAIN.

I WONDER COULD I PLEASE ASK YOU A FOLLOW UP QUESTION.

IT STATES ON THE VAF4A SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION FORM THAT YOU MUST PROVIDE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS INCLUDING

BANK STATEMENTS FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS ALSO PAY SLIPS,AND UP TO 28 DAYS WITHIN THE APPLICATION DATE.WHEN MY BROTHER WENT TO THE PHILIPPINES IN MID

JANUARY TO BE MARRIED HE COULD ONLY BRING THESE DOCUMENTS FROM LAST JULY TO DECEMBER.SO NOW THERE IS A DELAY IN HIS WIFE OBTAINING THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND HER NEW PASSPORT.OBVIOUSLY SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE JANUARY DOCUMENTS AS MY BRO IS NOW BACK IN N.IRELAND SO IF THERE IS GOING TO BE MORE OF A DELAY SHE WONT HAVE THE FEBRUARY DOCUMENTS EITHER.MY QUESTION IS,UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE VISA OFFICE IN THE PHILIPPINES ACCEPT PHOTOCOPIES OF MORE RECENT DOCUMENTS IF MY BROTHER SENDS THEM TO HER IN AN EMAIL.SORRY TO BE SO LONG-WINDED WITH THIS QUESTION. KIND REGARDS ***** *****

Hi thanks for the follow up question. It would be preferable to submit original documents . Presumably it is possible to send by express delivery or courier. I would wit until every thing else is ready to go and then send as unto day was possible documents - it is ok if they are a week out of date but it is not ok to submit with a months gap. HE can alway s send pdf copies of additional later documents as well but I do not think they will accept photocopies covering the whole of January and part of February. it is important not to give them any excuse to reject the application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI AGAIN.

MANY THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR FAST REPLY.YES,IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO SEND BY EXPRESS DELIVERY OR COURIER,POSSIBLY COURIER WOULD BE THE SAFEST AND QUICKEST. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY NOT GIVING THEM ANY EXCUSE TO REJEST.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AGAIN.

HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT IN THE END.

KIND REGARDS,

SANDRA

ok well I hope they get this through ok. Good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI AGAIN. HOPE YOU DONT MIND BUT MY BROTHERS WIFE IN THE PHILIPPINES IS HAVING TROUBLE OBTAINING THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WHICH IS HOLDING EVERYTHING UP.

SHE HAS BEEN TO THE REGISTRARS OFFICE 3 TIMES AND PAID AN AMOUNT OF MONEY EACH TIME - ONLY FOR THEM TO TELL HER TODAY THAT THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WONT BE AVAILABLE FOR 6 MONTHS AS THEY WERE ONLY MARRIED ON 17TH JANUARY. WE HAVE SEEN ON SOME WEBSITES THAT COUPLES HAVE APPLIED FOR AN "ADVANCED ENDORSEMENT" AND PAID A SMALL FEE AND GOT THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FAIRLY QUICKLY.DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY ROUND THIS TO GET THINGS UNDERWAY. YOUR HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. KIND REGARDS,SANDRA

I don't know I am afraid. In the UK you gat a certificate at the time. This must be a matter of Philippines law Sorry