75100385

,We have purchased a property the completion has all

We have purchased a property the completion has all gone through, we did agree to purchase some fixtures, which have proven to be defective. My solicitor forgot to take the money to give to the vendor. They have now written to me to ask for this. 1. Do I have to pay as they were the ones who did not take it. 2. If i do have a legal obligation to pay can I deduct money for defective items now?
The defective items are a cooker that the grill does not work and we have had to buy a new grill element and the fact that the vendor removed light fittings and did not replace them and left them unsafe we had to call in an electrician to fix.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Customer: Ok, what do you think?
Customer: Are you able to answer the question?
Alex Watts :

Yes sorry I was just having breakfast

Alex Watts :

1. You are liable.

Alex Watts :

this is a debt, it was agreed

Alex Watts :

Even though the money was not paid, that is unfortunate. But that does not mean you are not liable.

Alex Watts :

You are sadly.

Alex Watts :

You can deduct for defective items unless you knew they were defective when you purchased.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer: No I always thought I at least had a moral obligation to pay but wanted to see if there was a legal one too. I did not know about any of the defects prior to purchase.
Alex Watts :

Legal - yes.

Alex Watts :

Just because it was not done, does not mean it isn't due.

Customer: Thank you, ***** ***** speak to my solicitor on Monday to discuss going forward regarding the defects.
Alex Watts :

Yes of course. Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: No thank you, ***** ***** breakfast
Alex Watts :

Thank you. Have a good weekend.

Alex Watts :

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply