75100385

I am looking to set up a subscription based company that would

I am looking to set up a subscription based company that would include its UK members receiving free bonus DVDs. The dvds themselves would be unclassified material (generally a US import) and would be independent horror films without a BBFC classification. As per the video recordings act I cannot sell unclassified material, and I think this also extends to giving it away for free. My question is can the above be done by any/all of these scenarios:
a) registering the company outside the UK but operating from within the uk including shipping the items from the UK
b)registering and operating within the UK but having the DVDs ship from USA directly to subscribers
c) as a last resort instead of actually giving the DVD away giving away a 'token' for the subscriber to use directly with the overseas source, and then I pay the source any shipping costs.
d) the site will also operate as a portal for overseas filmakers to sell their own films from their own profiles. As I am just hosting this service and am not receive any part of the sales is it acceptable to give subscribers vouchers to redeem on the site to purchase unclassified material from overseas?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am happy to continue to wait for the moment. Many thanks
Alan
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
A) no - you can not do this as operating in the UK you would come under classification
B) Yes this is the best option
C) Again, you should do this ONLY if it is shipped from outside of the UK
D) Yes that is fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok brilliant, so in a nutshell as long as it is shipped from overseas I can supply unclassified items within the uk. In regards ***** ***** d) would I be able to just offer a subscriber a free dvd from an independent filmmaker and just have them ship it from abroad without the need to use a 'voucher' and instead I just arrange it?
That is my only additional question on it, many thanks, ***** ***** high
Alan
Yes that is fine.
IF it is supplied from the UK you will struggle. But if its supplied outside the UK you are fine.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience