Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

A woman I have been communicating with three years

Customer Question

A woman I have been communicating with for over three years in Ukraine has been refused hear visa application at the British embassy in Kiev.
She made hear first application in mid October last year for a six month travel visa and was refused on grounds on not being considered a legitimate tourist because she is a single woman that was on in employment. She has waited the three month cool of period to re apply, this time requesting a holiday visa for one week, to come to this country as a tourist for a short trip. Hear appointment at the embassy for the visa application was yesterday were she was refused again the text she has given me reads
I came to the window of the woman who didn’t get me Visa at first time. And what is the most horrible thing – she remembers me! When I saw my number and number of the window on the screen I was very calm and sure in myself. But when I saw her, I had nothing to say(((( she said that remember me and asked me why I’m so persistent and want do to UK. I told her that this country is my old dream and I’m like a tourist want to see everything there. She told me, that I’m suspicious person and refuse give me a Visa! The end! Ok
I can I please be advised on anything that we can do and how this would stand in an appeal?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : Is she a genuine visitor? Your previous question seems to suggest the possibility of returning in future on a fiancée visa. What exactly is the purpose of her proposed visit?
Customer :

Yes, there is a possibility of returning in future on a fiancée visa. We have been communicating daily since December 2011 and trying to meet for the first time and see that we are comparable antically buffo seeing how things will progress, but fiancée is a very strong possibility. However she has not mentioned anything about me in hear visa application and just trying to visit the UK as a tourist on the tourist visa. The firs was a visa lasting six months, which was declined and then secondly trying to return for a shorts stay to then return and attempt to get the six moth tourist visa again after that.

Alice H : Has she visited any other country as a tourist?
Customer :

Not as a tourist that I am aware of without asking hear. She has traveled around a lot on work visas for modelling agencies but not actually done anything ells form hear own inactive in regards ***** *****

Customer :

sorry from hear own inactive should say, on hear own initiative.

Alice H : The problem is that there is no general right of appeal or administrative review against an entry clearance officers decision to refuse a general visitor visa. The only way to appeal is by way of Judicial Review to the High Court which can cost many thousand pounds especially if the appeal is lost. Judicial Review would be on the grounds of illegality, irrationality or unreasonableness. On the basis of the infra toon you've given so far it's difficult to see whether any of these grounds would apply.
Customer :

I am not entirely shaw if there was any irrationality about the decision but I think there could be some ground for unreasonableness, aseptically with the second application as it was exactly the same officer to conduct the interview and state that she remembered hear from the first application and hear persistence makes hear suspicious and now has hear placed on the list preventing hear from making further applications. Dose this leave us any options for hear to be able to gain legal entry into the Uk without having to be married to begin? Is there a way or possibility of being hear spencer for entry into the country or it this solely for business purposes for people with working visas?

Alice H : You can't sponsor a general visitor unfortunately & the immigration officer's suspicions are not entirely wrong as the lady is proposing to come to the UK to meet you rather than visit the UK. You could get married and then re-apply as a spouse. I see little point in the JR route unless you have a few thousand pounds available to cover legal fees.
Customer :

Surely I am just a resident in the UK and the purpose of hear visit to meat a person is within the realm of a general visit. If there was an intention to come hear on general visa and then get married that would be understandable, but as there is no alter intent beyond to meet a person how is that now just a general visit?

Customer :

how is that not a general visit?

Alice H : I don't understand what your asking me. The entry clearance officer has decided that she is not planning to visiti the UK as a tourist & there may be some other motive.
Customer :

Sorry no the entry clearance officer was first starting because of the war that occurred in Ukraine that she was plying for the six month travel visa with no employment and no relationship so was probably planing to come to the UK and then run away as a refuge and never return to the Ukraine as this had happened a lot with precious applicants. The second time around she has been interviewed be the same woman who stated recognising hear giving the point black refusal. However she did not know about making the appeal and the 28 day time period to do this from the first visa application has now elapsed.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to wait if I can get the answer Smile

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A woman I have been communicating with for over three years in Ukraine has been refused hear visa application at the British embassy in Kiev. She made hear first application in mid October last year for a six month travel visa and was refused on grounds on not being considered a legitimate tourist because she is a single woman that was on in employment. She has waited the three month cool of period to re apply, this time requesting a holiday visa for one week, to come to this country as a tourist for a short trip. Hear appointment at the embassy for the visa application was yesterday were she was refused again the text she has given me reads I came to the window of the woman who didn’t get me Visa at first time. And what is the most horrible thing – she remembers me! When I saw my number and number of the window on the screen I was very calm and sure in myself. But when I saw her, I had nothing to say(((( she said that remember me and asked me why I’m so persistent and want do to UK. I told her that this country is my old dream and I’m like a tourist want to see everything there. She told me, that I’m suspicious person and refuse give me a Visa! The end! Ok I can I please be advised on anything that we can do and how this would stand in an appeal?

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
7:13 PM
Is she a genuine visitor? Your previous question seems to suggest the possibility of returning in future on a fiancée visa. What exactly is the purpose of her proposed visit?
Customer says:
7:43 PM

Alice H says:
7:46 PM
Has she visited any other country as a tourist?
Customer says:
7:49 PM

Not as a tourist that I am aware of without asking hear. She has traveled around a lot on work visas for modelling agencies but not actually done anything ells form hear own initiate in regard to traveling.

Alice H says:
7:53 PM
The problem is that there is no general right of appeal or administrative review against an entry clearance officers decision to refuse a general visitor visa. The only way to appeal is by way of Judicial Review to the High Court which can cost many thousand pounds especially if the appeal is lost. Judicial Review would be on the grounds of illegality, irrationality or unreasonableness. On the basis of the infra toon you've given so far it's difficult to see whether any of these grounds would apply.
Customer says:
8:09 PM

Alice H says:
8:23 PM
You can't sponsor a general visitor unfortunately & the immigration officer's suspicions are not entirely wrong as the lady is proposing to come to the UK to meet you rather than visit the UK. You could get married and then re-apply as a spouse. I see little point in the JR route unless you have a few thousand pounds available to cover legal fees.
8:33 PM
Alice H has stepped out of this chat.
Customer says:
8:33 PM

Surely I am just a resident in the UK and the purpose of hear visit to meat a person is within the realm of a general visit. If there was an intention to come hear on general visa and then get married that would be understandable, but as there is no alter intent beyond to meet a person how is that not just a general visit?

Alice H says:
8:42 PM
I don't understand what your asking me. The entry clearance officer has decided that she is not planning to visit the UK as a tourist & there may be some other motive.
Customer says:
8:49 PM

Sorry no the entry clearance officer was first stating because of the war that occurred in Ukraine that she was applying for the six month travel visa with no employment and no relationship so was probably planing to come to the UK and then run away as a refuge and never return to the Ukraine as this had happened a lot with previous applicants at the time. The second time around she has been interviewed by the same woman who stated recognising hear giving the point black refusal. However she did not know about making the appeal and the 28 day time period to do this from the first visa application has now elapsed.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats Is fine Nicola thank you very much.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that will be fine Nicola

I would prefer to have the information we needed,

but what ells can I doFrown

Thank you very much for trying