12826847

I did a theft in primark and they caught me. They didn't call

Customer Question

I did a theft in primark and they caught me. They didn't call the police, but they told me that someone are going to send a letter with a fine.
Of course, I'm going to pay it. But I need to know if they can accuse me of anything else just in case they find out some others clothes are missing. I'm speaking supposedly. I was walking around the shop for a while, in and out of fitting rooms with some clothes for choose if some I like them. I really worry if they decide that I took something else.
They could do that. Ultimately if they find fresh evidence then they are free to make an allegation.
They will need to prove what they allege. I don't know whether or not CCTV would assist them? Usually they need more than CCTV unless it is going to show you concealing items.
It is not all that likely they will find other clothes missing and if they do they will not be able to attribute them to you as opposed to staff theft without some other additional supporting evidence.
But, on your primary point, it is possible they could make fresh allegations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. The true is I took a shirt. I was inside the fitting room and I have taken another shirt. I changed for my own shirt (it was another used shirt from the another primark shop). I don't know if they have camaras in the fitting rooms. I don't think so. But if they find the used shirt, they can accuse me? Oh, my God, what can happen?

What should I do?

They could but it is quite unlikely that they would. They have to prove what they allege. Suspicion alone is not enough.
Do nothing. There are no magic wands that make evidence go away and taking any action at all will just bring suspicion on yourself.
It will probably all disappear into nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much. I think they only can prove that I put a used shirt in the shelf. But I still am scared because they can send the police to my house to register my closets. Maybe it's a silly guess, but I'm not sure. And I'm scared.

Yes, they could. If they were going to make a report though they probably would have done it at the outset.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What happen to me if they send the police to my house? I don't have the receipts of all my clothes. I have to get rid of the shirt?

They won't be able to identify the shirt without some clear introvertible evidence - like finding it upon you with tags or something similar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Then, in your professional opinion, do you think they are going to accuse me to the police?
What I should to do? Then, in your professional opinion, do you think they are going to accuse me to the police? Just in case they do, what I should to do? Should I call a lawyer? Would you recommend me someone?

What about penal records? I don't have any penal records yet. What happen to me with this fine? Am I going to have penal records since now?

I wouldn't know what they plan to do. Nobody but them will know that. If they were going to make a report though they probably would have done it at the outset.
You will not have a criminal record unless they call the police.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if I try to return the shirt now? I know is too late, but I can try to explain them that before I was so scare to tell them the truth. Maybe that can help?

I really don't think that is a good idea. You would be admitting the offence.