13262538

My parents paid plot of land next to my deceased brother

Customer Question

My parents paid for a plot of land next to my deceased brother only to find that in oct 2014 someone else has been buried there. What rights do they have.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have any information for me yet?

Who runs the Cemetery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cemetery is in Twyford Buckinghamshire, and as far as i am aware is runby the Parish Council.

What have the Parish Council said about their error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Basically a written letter by the clerk Andrea Curtis taking full responsibility for the error.

What would your parents like to achieve at this point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They would like to achieve an outcome to get what they paid for and for their wishes to be buried next to their son carried out, for the body to be exhumed!!!! not nice we appreciate that, but my parents are in their 80`s and would like the paid for plot to be their last resting place.

i am afraid it is your brother who would have to be exhumed - could they cope with that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why would that be when they have paid for this plot, if exhumation is allowed surely the tresspasser ( i believe it is called ) should be the one to be removed.!!!!!!!!

I do understand why you feel that way but there is no basis on which an exhumation would be ordered in those circumstances
If your parents do wish to be buried with your brother then I am afraid it is his body that would have to be exhumed and reburied and it would be reasonable to ask the Parish Council to pay the costs of this
Please ask if you need further details