75100385

. On Thursday I was flying from Newark (New Jersey) to London

Customer Question

Hi. On Thursday I was flying from Newark (New Jersey) to London when I found mice dropping on my tray on the salad cover. I called for an air hostess I told her by pointing and saying there is mice poop on my salad she snatched the box and ran away saying that I will get you a fresh one. Before I could stop her she had ran off. When she came back with another salad I told her I so upset and disgusted I just told you there is mice poop there is no way I'm going to be eating that or anything.
Even though I was so hungry. I was so going to be sick. I told her that I wanted to make a complaint. She said she will get someone. I told her later no one has come she was like somebody came you were sleep. I told who was it she would say somebody I asked what is her name she would say I can't tell you that. After asking numerous times she still refused to tell me who this person is. I got so angry at her. She wrote on a napkin a website to make my complaint. I told her I need the paper which one fills in on flight. In the end the higher ranking air hostess came and asked what had happened. I explained what had happened. She gave me a paper with sorry for inconvenience.
She had told the captain and they had called customer service to meet me at the airplane once we arrive.
My question is can I sue them? Airline was United.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How much are you proposing to sue for?

JACUSTOMER-8wqubgbq- : I have no idea I know in America usually for this sort of thing people sue above $1 million .
JACUSTOMER-8wqubgbq- : I didn't get a response from you
Alex Watts :

So no meal and you value this as $1m?

Alex Watts :

Is that the sort of sum you want to claim here?

JACUSTOMER-8wqubgbq- : Well yes
JACUSTOMER-8wqubgbq- : It the fact that it health hazard and un hieygenic.
Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. Anything more than £10,000 then you will need a Solicitor to represent you.

Alex Watts :

You should also be aware if you take it to Court and lose then you would be liable the other sides legal costs as well

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-8wqubgbq- : Thank you
Alex Watts : If this answers your question can I ask you to rate my answer, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/