cmd2008
cmd2008, Solicitor
Experience:  BSC (hons), Solicitor with 14 years legal experience
13754130

. Do the landlord have to provide all information about the

Customer Question

Hi. Do the landlord have to provide all information about the tendering process in relation to works that they have served a S20 Notice? such as who was present when the envelops of tenders were opened?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We were served a S20 notice for major work in our block. Landlord received tenders and introduced three for us to choose one. there are strong suggestion that the landlord did not follow the tendering procedure properly and they already had chosen the contractor they wanted the contract to. The landlord told me they opened the envelops of tenders all at the same time while 2 other employee present but refuse to give more details including the names of those employees if indeed it is true. Should they provide these information under this act?

Sorry, not my area.
I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I post a question that means that i need a response. It is now three days and I am still waiting for a response and obviously I still need and answer to my question. I think you need more experts in the areas of residential properly laws.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Whatever

Expert:  cmd2008 replied 2 years ago.
The answer is that they do not need to, but if you think that the consultation procedure was incorrectly followed you can make an application to the First Tier Chamber (Property Chamber) for an adjudication.
cmd2008, Solicitor
Experience: BSC (hons), Solicitor with 14 years legal experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi cmd2008, Thank you for your response

Can I also ask:

1- If the summary of the accounts that the landlord provided does not comply with Section 21 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985, can they demand charges based on that summary?

2- I withheld an small amount of service charges to get answers and Landlord issued a summons against me. I paid the service charge at the time of the summons and made a counter claim. without getting to too much detail, landlord have claimed huge legal fees and I was ordered to pay as I was ill on the day and could not attend the hearing.

However now that I have had a chance to inspect the supporting documents and invoices to the summary of the account, I have noticed that all the legal fees they are claiming from me has already been charged to the block's service charge account and their lawyers have already been paid as with all other individual lessees that their legal fees has been charged to our service charge account. My question is can they do this? isn't this abuse of legal process? when they have already been paid, claim this payment from me without mentioning anything to the judge?

3- If they can claim it again, can they claim it anyway while the summary does not comply with Section 21, while the amount I had withheld which resulted to this legal fee was based on the summary?

Please let me know if you would like me to post these questions as new questions? if you come on line I can post them to you and delete this one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi cmd2008, Thank you for your response

Can I also ask: