How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3692
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

my last reply was that the solicitors had lost my will. It

Resolved Question:

my last reply was that the solicitors had lost my will. It may have happened when they changed premises, but they admit that they had lost it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
The quickest way to deal with this is as follows:
(i) Write to the senior partner of the law firm concerned. Lodge a complaint and demand a refund;
(ii) If they ignore your complaint and do not take it seriously then complain to the Legal Ombudsman - they have the power to sanction law firms and award you compensation. It will be slower than suing this firm but it will be cheaper than using a solicitor to bring a complaint against another solicitor.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you