75100385

I and many others play an online game. Since they did

Customer Question

I and many others play an online game. Since they did an update which is physically not possible to acheive. We have messages from the developer denying it, then claiming they were wrong and then saying it is an intentional feature. Therefore is there any legal claim we can make and if so where do we go as Google searches just bring up lawyer games.
We think they are taking this stance as the claim will run into the thousands. Do we have any legal stand point as we can mathematically prove you cannot do what they say.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what the purpose of suing them would be?
JACUSTOMER-5s1pdflr- :

It would be to claim back the money spent since they introduced this feature. The game has something called a capital which is the top asset. You have to build up for a long time to capture as you need in game tools and troops. We attempted the capture on the 1st feb (update was 24th august) we then discover it was mathematically impossible to acheive it. We have been speaking with the developer, goodgame studios, and there first blamed our incompetence. They then said the information they provided was incorrect. They asked their developers to investigate. 10 days later, 16th Feb, said it is intentional. We have have calculated that the maximum troops our group of 65 players is 14000 each about 910k. We work out they need 1500 attackers to defeat us which is 10:1. It therefore means it is not possible to have enough defenders to take the capital meaning that the feature is misleading and means they are taking money for a feature that you can't get

Alex Watts :

How much would YOUR claim be for?

JACUSTOMER-5s1pdflr- :

I need to calculate it but around £800 maybe more. I am find out for the group of 65 of us as well. We have numerous emails where they have tried to back track and lay blame on users only to say they were wrong.

JACUSTOMER-5s1pdflr- :

I need to check my Google play account spend. Google have said it is a developer issue

JACUSTOMER-5s1pdflr- :

The claim would be for more if they then banned us from the game

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/