LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I live on an Estate of houses, of which some are

I live on an Estate of houses, of which some are housing association (Peabody) and some are privately owned freehold houses as is mine, which was purchased from the Peabody trust. I am charged a yearly service charge. Recently I have been informed that works are to be carried out on the estate And my proportion of the cost would be £4000. And that the amounts due would be payable 28 days after the final invoice has been issued.
Can you clarify whether these cost should be part of my service charge?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The service charges will be dealt with, almost certainly, in the contract for sale of your property, rather than under the general law. If you still have those documents you will need to look them up and see what they say.