75100385

, someone has guessed my security question email address

Hi, someone has guessed my security question for my email address and changed my email password, he has also ACCESSED my Facebook. He knew few of my common passwords, I know the person, he was a friend of mine, he copied and showed conversation of mine to me on Facebook that I had with other people , What could I do? He confessed verbally but can't prove, would recording his voice without knowledge be acceptable? I'm in the UK. What actions could be taken. My Google account also records all accesses and their ip addresses too, so I have the ip address of that person and it matches with his broadband provider (ISP).
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Is the other person in the UK too?
Customer:

Hi yes they are, his actually my friend

Customer:

He printed conversations from my Facebook and showed it to me and also confessed

Alex Watts :

Ok, you should report this to the Police.

Alex Watts :

This may be an offence under the Misuse of Computers Act 1990

Alex Watts :

They can investigate and prosecute where necessary

Alex Watts :

But if someone used your password ***** the Police can track using the IP address to the actual computer used

Alex Watts :

Customer:

So do I report this directly to the police or do I have to go thru a solicitor? What kind of information I would need to provide to the police?

Alex Watts :

Directly to the Police. You would need details of who you think it is, printouts of what has been hacked, conversations etc

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes thank you