75100385

Dear Ombudsman, I hire a vehicle(E-class Mercedes)

Dear Ombudsman,
I hire a vehicle(E-class Mercedes) for filming in The Netherland from London UK, but on my way to Dover I was stopped and I was forced to relinquish the car by police, because the car was a hired car and that I do not have the specific insurance for it to take it abroad, while I paid over £2,700.00 for a week including the insurance to hire this car, I was told that the insurance was included. When I was stopped by the Police(douane) and asked if I was the owner of the car, I told them it was a hired car for filming and they decided to call the company of which I hired the car from, the manager admitted that I was going to film with the car and yet told them to seize the car. I told the police officer that the manager had no right to do that, that what he could do is to tell me to turn back, because technically I haven't broken any law/agreement yet, I am still within UK. But yet, they seized the car and made me and my children pay another £250.00 for cab to return home and as well made us loos our hotel bill. And thereaffter the car company deducted 2 extra-days from the money(over£1,000.00) I gave them and claimed it was for the days that the Police seizure.
I have gone to solicitors and they say it is unfair what they have done but that they can't help me, because the company is a big firm(they are too strong to be tackled).
So please, I ask you what can I do to get my money back?
I am not a company I am a single parent that is trying to help out his daughter by making her dream come through.
Many Thanks!
Mr. Jude Nwabuisi
Alex Watts : Hello Jude my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer:

Hello Alex, I want 100% of my money back.

Customer:

I want 100% of my money back, at least.

Customer:

First I want all my money with rent, they've holding on to it for over two years.

Customer:

Sorry, forgive my typo.

Customer:

Hi, I didn't get your answer. Where am I supposed to read it from.

Customer:

I see no answer.

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer:

Thank you Alex, I shall get my house in order and then take steps.

Customer:

I may let you know how it goes, if it's not a problem.

Customer:

Customer:

Jude

Alex Watts :

Great. If I can ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

After due considerations I've decided that I want to sue for public humiliation and stress for the amount of £80,000.00. Because we(my children and I) were made to look like criminals in public, by making us off-load the car and Police taking us away like criminals. And ruining the work(Music video-clip) we were going to do and our Christmas.

What are my options?