75100385

, I teach music to young children (ages 2 to 7). I see

Hello, I teach music to young children (ages 2 to 7). I see othersimilar groups publishing a lot of photos of their groups but I'm concerned about people feeling upset with the use of their children's photograph. Because of that, time ago I hired a lowyer to redact Terms and Conditions all the families accept (by ticking 'I accept') an online Rgeistration Form when they start a course with us. One of the paragraphs says:" 8. Consent
a. You hereby consent to Stringnote Academy using the Student’s photograph/image undertaking lessons to be used on Stringnote Academy’s website or in other marketing material." Is that enough to avoid any problem with the parents? Should I still ask every time I plan to take photographs? The problem is that this is very time-consuming and in a group of 6 children if one parent says 'no' I cannot photograph the group.
Also, how can I use the photographs for a poster or ad in a magazine or website? Many thanks for your advice,
Sylvia
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello Sylvia my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

To be clear if you have every parent tick or sign the terms and conditions which allows you to take photos then you do not need to seek permission every time

Alex Watts :

This is because by agreeing to the terms and conditions they accept to allow you to take photographs.

Alex Watts :

But you must have an agreement from all the parents.

Alex Watts :

But you do not need this every time, just once

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

thank you for your answer but I need to clarify it please.

Alex Watts :

Of course

Customer:

When the parents join in the academy they send an 'online registration from' which has the terms and conditions. Also every term they re-register the child. Should I add the T&C every term or the initial one is enough?

Alex Watts :

Do they re-register online?

Customer:

yes

Alex Watts :

OK, I would also include it when they re-register just to make doubly sure.

Customer:

actually, I've just checked the website and already has it

Alex Watts :

Great.

Alex Watts :

Then you are all set

Customer:

time ago we published some photos in our website and one of the parents told us 'this is very dangerous, you can have serious problems', what it that because he didn't read the T&C??

Customer:

Sorry for the silly question...

Alex Watts :

Yes they probably didnt read it,

Customer:

what about if a parent that has already sihned (we don't receive children that are not registered) tell us thay don't want the photos. Can they withdraw the agreement?

Alex Watts :

No, not unless your agreement allows them to withdraw consent

Customer:

I know this is redundant but can we use the photos in posters and magazines even if the children that appear there are not longer in the course? usually, the photos are old

Alex Watts :

Yes if you have consent already

Customer:

does the consent includes filming?

Alex Watts :

If you have put that in your terms yes

Customer:

You already have the terms and conditions, can you please check? see original message

Alex Watts :

Then yes that is fine - you can use that

Customer:

good. One more thing, just to finish this. When I posted my question, the image and name of other lawyer appreared, later on after I paid you were there and I understand that your field is something like social housing

Customer:

Firstly, why did the professional change?

Alex Watts :

I work for a local authority which includes contractual matters as well as child protection issues

Customer:

secondly, do you have experience in the field you need to know for my answer?

Alex Watts :

I can only see questions I can not see anything else to do with the site.

Alex Watts :

Yes, I am a local authority lawyer, see above

Customer:

Good, I'm happy with your answer.

Customer:

Thank you and goodbye. I will rate your service with a top grade.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience