75100385

recently we booked flights to menorca with our local travel

Hi recently we booked flights to menorca with our local travel agent[Thomson]the girl processed our payment with flights with Ryan air then she printed out our details for me to clarify and sign immediately i noticed she had booked Majorca palma instead of Mahon they have offered me alternative arrangements including getting the boat to minorca or flying from british midland airport at an extra cost of £400 Ryan air do not refund any monies[their policy] bot***** *****ne can i just get my money put back on my credit card £667 as i have now booked alternative flights
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you accept and sign the booking or refused please?

Customer:

Alex did you get my reply

Alex Watts : No sadly I did not
Customer:

seen to be going around in circles are you on line or not ?

Alex Watts :

I am

Customer:

OH good have you any up date

Alex Watts :

I didnt see your reply?! Just to confirm did you refuse to sign the booking form?

Customer:

yes i did

Alex Watts :

Did you pay on debit or credit card?

Customer:

master card credit card

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

You can also name the credit card company as second defendant as they are jointly liable under section 75 of the consumer credit act

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

shall i send it to the local managers shop,because it is very difficult to get hold of the persons higher up the chain,looks like they are trying to keep this in house .Many thanks for your help

Alex Watts :

You send it to the office that did the deal or you.

Alex Watts :

Once you issue proceedings that is likely when matters will be considered seriously.

Customer:

Once again thank you

Customer:

Timothy Horgan

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else for you Timothy?