12826847

Is nitracaine legal? Imdoing research PHD and travelog

Is nitracaine legal? Imdoing research for my PHD and travelog to sweden from the UK. Just want to know if Iwill have issues with customs if they find 5 mg in my bag
What type of substance is it?
How did you come by it?
Does it have any other names?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a research chemical

Its difficult to explain, but i can't find anything about it and whether it would be regulated in Sweden

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nitracaine or 3-(diethylamino)-2,2-dimethylpropyl 4-nitrobenzoate is a brand new research chemical with properties similar to those of Dimethocaine and is likely the chemical precursor to Dimethocaine, as the only difference is the presence of a nitro group instead of an amine group

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its been studied outside living organisms

OK.
It is not on the index of prohibited substances under that name. You will find that here
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2
If you want to check.
It seems to be widely sold online and delivered in the UK although that means nothing per se.
The question though is whether or not customs will accept that it is what you say it is. There is a risk that they could want it analysed depending upon how you transport it.
On your primary point, it does not seem to offend unless it has another name but customs may not accept that it is the substance you say it is. Just because they may ultimately conclude in your favour does not mean it would be a hassle free journey.
If this is a genuine research substance then you may want to get clearance in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok but that is in the uk what about Sweden?

I don't know anything about the law in Sweden. You are in the UK law section. Sweden is a different jurisdiction entirely.
Generally speaking, I think the rest of Europe is more relaxed than we are in the UK.