12826847

I returned a mattress I ordered on line as it was the wrong

I returned a mattress I ordered on line as it was the wrong size.
They said to wrap it securely. I did reusing their wrapping. I pointed out to the driver the wrapping was just held by tape. He handled it very un-carefully, but it was fine when he put it on the lorry.
Received an e-mail today saying the mattress was not wrapped securely, and is now unsaleable. They have not asked for money but I am sure this will be their next step.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I 've not used this before I guess you got my question. I am assuming they are going to demand money from me. Saying the returned mattress was not wrapped correctly and is now not saleable. I did say to the driver are you happy to take it, he said yes. Can they make me responsible. It was wrapped correctly

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guess they are going to demand money for damage to the mattress as they said it was not wrapped correctly. Can they do this can I defend against it?

It depends whether a court accepts that you did wrap it securely.
If you did and it was down to the driver then they should be pursuing him. If not then they have a claim against you.
They probably will not sue though. What they may do, if you have paid already, is refuse a refund and then the onus would be upon you to sue.
However, it really comes down to which version of events is accepted on that point.