Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My dad has met the criteria so all his nursing home fees are

My dad has met the criteria so all his nursing home fees are paid.I have power of attorney.After my fathers death.Can they then take assets to redeem his nursing care.Wes told I would not have to pay or sell the. House.The Will is split equally between me and my sister.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As your Father's capital is under the threshold whereby he needs to pay Nursing fees, this savngs he has are now protected and won't be taken upon his death. Therefore, you and your sister will be able to share whatever savings he has.

I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al