12826847

, the police have dropped all further action against a perpetrator

Hi, the police have dropped all further action against a perpetrator who finally admitted causing continual criminal damage to my car over a two year period. The perpetrator is currently in rehab for alcoholism but I'm still out of pocket to the tune of £4000. Despite his admission, the police say they have insufficient evidence to prosecute. What recourse do I have, if any, to recover the insurance excess for repairs?
Is this person working?
Does he have assets?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Until entering rehab, he worked in a pub/hotel. I'm assuming he will return to this job after rehab because, I believe it's part of a family business owned by his parents.

He had a Lexus saloon car with personalised number plates which, I believe, belongs to him. But it hasn't been seen since he entered rehab.

You can always sue him in the civil courts. This is a small claims court sum so it would be cheap and quick to issue against him. You can do so here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
In fairness, even if the police had prosecuted him that would still have not secured the money for you.
There is no way of forcing the police to prosecute if they refuse. It is ultimately a decision they are free to make I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.